Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A very unreasonable fare hike

I remembered the time when I was still a student, I pay 7.50 Philippine peso everytime I take a ride on a jeepney. It was so unreasonable because some jeepney drivers does not recognize me as a student that time. I would rather spend 80 to 100 pesos for my fare and I just can't imagine paying a big amount of money even when I was a student.

Some oil companies put eVAT or extended Value Added Tax for every charge whenever we fill up gasoline. But the biggest question is, where do our taxes go?

As you can see, everytime I go out, I just can't imagine why our damaged roads have not yet been repaired. Unfinished projects has been left out, and still, our country could not grow any further.

Today, fare gets higher and higher, as well as our products and other purchased goods. But the question is, will our Country get better for that?

No comments: